Local History Collection
The collection includes information about the first one hundred years of West Branch and beyond plus access to the Ogemaw County Herald on microfilm dating back to 1923. Cemetery and burial plot information, plat book access, and US Census information, along with the histories of many local families can be researched in the numerous collections of biographies.
- 14 public computers with high speed Internet and access to Microsoft Office applications
- Print and copy services
Black and White - 20 cents per page (10 cents for each page after 20)
Color Printing - 1 dollar per page
- Facsimile service
Local and Toll-Free - Free
Long Distance - 2 dollars for the first page, 1 dollar each additional page
Receiving (Any Number) - 1 dollar per page
- Scanning is available - see the circulation desk for details
- Wireless Internet Access is password protected - see the circulation desk for details
- Headphones can be purchased at the circulation desk for $1.50
- You can purchase a logoed West Branch District Library bag at the circulation desk for only $5.00.
- There is a community room available for use by the public. Please contact the library director for more information about community room policies.
- The library houses an Employment Information Center with access to career information along with job searching aids and test preparation guides for GED, ASVAB, and many more.
- Phone books are available for most cities in Northern Michigan. You can also get phone number look up service at the circulation desk.
- Tax forms are available during tax season - both Federal and State.
- Tutoring is available for both children and adults through the Ogemaw County Literacy Council.
- Author visits
- Summer Reading Program for children and young adults
- Dial-A-Story, sponsored by Kiwanis Club of West Branch. Dial 989.345.7989.
- Pre-School Story Time
- Computer and Technology Workshops
See our Events Calendar for more information on upcoming events.